October 2, 2013

The {O} Family | Omaha Family & kids photography

In our emails back and forth before the big family photo sesh, this mama warned me - her kids LOVE being photographed! I didn't know who was more excited - me, or the kids! Half way through the session, they were coming up with all sorts of ideas - "how about this pose?" Or "what if we do this for a picture?" and then proceed to make some silly/cool/serious pose. And some of their ideas made for awesome pictures!

What I wasn't quite prepared for, however, was how much they LOVE each other. Sometimes I worry what kind of a reaction I get when I tell the kids to "put your arm around your sister." Maybe some cranky "ew gross" response? Maybe a teasing brother who makes the excuse to pinch his sister? But with this awesome family, I hardly had to remind them - it was just automatic! Their smiles are genuine and their closeness is contagious. Inspiring.







(pssst...I have a secret...some of my favorite pictures are the ones where someone is sideways glancing at someone else! Look at her genuinely laughing at him below!)


Below: TOTALLY the kids' idea to do this pose! Isn't it fantastic???




No comments: